I don't use an alarm clock anymore. I don't need to. If they 3 year old hasn't gotten me up, my eyes automatically pop open. I don't like to get out of bed before 6:45, though, so I make it a point to stay under the covers. Most of the time, I'm not sleeping, but resting with my eyes closed. That's usually when I get a lot of thinking done. Planning for the day ahead, thinking about the next part of my writing, freaking out about various things, or, like this morning, thinking about movies. For some reason, I was thinking about Starship Troopers. Great movie. Maybe I'll have to watch it this weekend.

I received another rejection yesterday. This one was a two sentence rejection. One of those "I'm probably not right for this project. Good luck" kind of things. It took almost two months to get it. TWO MONTHS to send two lines that were probably already written. Oh, well, what can I do? I am at the mercy of the industry. I'm about fed up with the industry, by the way. Of course, me withdrawing my story from consideration isn't going to hurt any body but me. I just don't know what to do anymore. I'm tired of rejections, but I don't really want to go through a small publisher, with the exception of the publisher it is under consideration with now. Even then, I have mixed feelings about it. It doesn't matter, though, since I haven't received an acceptance from anyone.

I just have to put it out of my mind. I have some other publishing stuff coming up and stories I have to finish, so I need to focus my energy on that. Always easier said than done!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)