Final Thoughts on Launch Pad

I first heard about this workshop at the mini con that was held at the University of Wyoming. The workshop sounded like such an amazing idea and a wonderful opportunity, I had to go. It was an opportunity to learn some cool stuff and meet some wonderful people. Thankfully, Mike said it was all right.

I won't lie: I was a little nervous on the first day. Even though I was excited, I felt like the odd man out. I've been published, but it's been through indie publishers. I don't have an agent. I don't have a fancy contract. Would the others accept me? Would they look down their noses at me? I didn't know what to expect.

We went around the room the first day and introduced ourselves and our accomplishments. There were some who had more published than me (one of the participants even won a Nebula Award), and a few who didn't. Everyone had their own experience, and we were all very accepting of each other. It made me feel so much better. I actually felt like part of the group.

Along with feeling like I wouldn't belong, I was afraid I wouldn't get any story ideas. I thought I was just going to fill my head with astronomy facts, hoping someday I would be able to apply them. Man, I was wrong on so many levels! I have an idea, and I've started the initial research on it, now I just need time to write it.

The stuff I blogged about scratched the surface of what we actually covered each day. There was soooo much information, and the days were very long. By the end of the week, my brain was squishy and I could barely keep my eyes open. But it was worth it. The information was priceless, and the other participants were awesome! One of my goals was to make new friends and contacts in the business, and I accomplished that. I can't tell you how wonderful it was!

I would definitely recommend this workshop to anyone. If I could do it every year, I would. My brain might explode, but I'd do it! If you're interested in finding out more, you can check out Launch Pad's site here. If it sounds like something you're interested in, I encourage you to apply. It was totally worth it!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)