Meet An Author Tuesday



SB Knight has seen his poetry and short stories published in both books and magazines. Now, with the publishing of his first novel, he has achieved a goal and dream set many years ago. Currently, he has completed the sequel for Born of Blood and is currently working on another project.

SB Knight is the creator of ‘The New Author;’ a blog that started as a learning tool but has since grown into a community of friends and peers. He is also co-owner of Premium Promotional Services where authors can find the help they need to promote their book on the Internet.

When not writing or generating new story ideas, he can be found enjoying outdoor activities such as hiking and fishing. He resides in West Virginia with his wife and son.



Q) What inspired you to write this story?
I’m a vampire fan. Actually, I’m an everything that goes bump in the night fan. I enjoy the tales of old, the stories that chilled your blood and made you look over your shoulder while you moved closer to the light. I always wanted to write about vampires, but knew I needed something fresh and new for it to really capture my attention and the attention of readers. My future stories follow that line of thinking. I have an idea for a werewolf that is unique, but that is for another interview.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
It took me approximately two months to research the idea and make my notes. It took about four months to write the manuscript and edit it one time. I shelved it for about a month and then it took one more month to polish it before submission.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
I love watching the story unfold as the characters direct it. We, as authors, can plan all we want but some characters take control and the story runs where he/she wants it to go. It is fun watching the story move in that direction.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
I don’t like the words – The End – because the story is over. Characters stay with you but the journey is done and it is time to move on. It is a bittersweet time.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
This is a tough one. I would say...Stephen King. It would be something special to walk in his shoes, think like he thinks...if only for a day. I can’t help but think that I could improve my writing from that experience.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
My wife pays close attention to expiration dates in the fridge, but one bottle of steak sauce made it by her inspection recently...it was about 3 months expired and no, we did not smell it. It went straight to the trashcan.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
The future is bright! Currently, I am editing Drago’s Revenge, the sequel to Born of Blood. My third novel, Demathia Rising, will be published next year and in the fall, I plan to begin writing the third and final book for The Blood Chronicles. I am always writing down ideas for more stories.

LINKS:

Website
Facebook
Twitter: @thenewauthor
MuseItUp Publishing

Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)