This Week in Writing

Started chapter 2 of my newest story, and I think I'm about half way through.  With the training I had to go to the last couple of days, I haven't had a chance to get anything else done.  Hopefully soon.  Not that it really matters.  I still have some other things to finish first, mainly, I need to find a home for Wucaii and get edits back from the beta readers for The Ifs.

I got edits back for my children's story earlier in the week.  I went through it last night, but I was really tired so I'm not sure my corrections make sense.  I'm going to go through it again today.  It's only 5 pages, so it won't take me long.

Other than that, I've been doing some edits for other people, but mainly being lazy.  I don't foresee that changing in the near future...  It's kind of nice!


Recently, I've started taking walks at night to help relieve some stress and to get the dogs and kids out for exercise.  The other night was not a good walk night.  When I picked the boys up from daycare, they were tired and grumpy and everything little thing turned into a crisis.  Still, I thought the walk would be all right.

At the end of our walk is a large dirt hill, which the boys love going up and down.  It doesn't matter if they're on their bikes or not, it's fun for them.  They wanted to go down the hill three times before we headed back to the house, so I told them it was fine.  After the second go down, the 5 year old looked at me with panic in his eyes and his hands on his stomach.

"I have to go to the bathroom.  I have to poop."

"Okay, well, we better hurry up and get home," I tell him.

He shakes his head.  "I can't make it."

I didn't really want him going to the bathroom out there.  We walk through a large field filled with sagebrush, so no one would really know, but still.

"Honey, we'll just have to hurry."

He burst into tears (it was a crisis).  "I don't want to poop my pants."

I had to relent.  What else could I do?

He finds a bush and squats down.  I'm silently freaking out the entire time, hoping no one walks by (they never do, but this would be the one time), but he was pretty hidden.  Then, when he finished, the dogs were kind enough to clean up after him.  I wanted to throw up.  Dogs are so disgusting.  (If you ever come to my house, don't let my dogs lick you or breathe on you.)

After that, we headed home.  You would think it was a pleasant trip, especially since he took care of business, but it wasn't.  He had tinkled on his shorts while squatting, so he cried all the way home about how his shorts were wet and uncomfortable.  As you can imagine, that walk wasn't very stress relieving.

Hope you have a fabulous weekend!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)