This Week in Writing

Chapter 1 of Life After the Undead is posted here.  If you haven't read/heard of it, check it out.

Very little writing took place this week.  My days were filled with editing.  That's fine.  It gets my books one step closer to publication.  I'm hoping to get back to writing this weekend or the beginning of next week.  Fingers crossed.


Earlier this week, the boys and I were out on our walk.  The 3 year old was playing with some sticks, which are Ryder's favorite things.  For some reason, he thinks he's part beaver and shreds them occasionally eating the splinters and throwing them up in the middle of the night.  Anyway, The 3 year old had a stick in his hand, and Ryder ran up behind him and took it.  The 3 year old was grumpy and tired, so the world came to an end.  He screamed and cried and threw a tantrum.

Since the walks are supposed to be stress relieving for me, I ignored him.  Well, not completely ignored, I told him to find another stick.  I'm not going to fight the dog for a stick.  Ridiculous.  Again, he was tired and grumpy, so any little thing would set him off.  He continued to walk while he cried, and the 5 year old came up behind him and started patting his back.

"It's okay.  It's fine," he tells his brother.

The 3 year old took in a few shaky breaths and started to calm down.

"When I was a baby and upset, Grandma used to pat my back to make me feel better," the 5 year old says, continuing to pat his brother's back until he stopped crying.

I couldn't help but smile.  It was the sweetest thing I'd seen all day.  The boys may fight like cats and dogs, but when it comes down to it, I know they'll always be there for each other.  They can be very sweet when they want to be.  That walk was actually stress relieving.

Hope you have a great weekend!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)