Movie Review Monday

The Dictator (2012)

To be honest, I forgot this movie existed until I saw postings of it on Facebook and my spouse came across it on pay-per-view.  Since I'm not normally picky about what I watch, I said what the heck?

The film is the story of Admiral General Aladeen, who is the dictator of Wadiya.  He is the scourge of humanity and a caricature of every dictator that has ever existed in the world.  He's secretly building nuclear weapons to destroy his enemies, and, as you can imagine, people want to assassinate him.  While in New York, an attempt to kill him goes awry, and he has to figure out how to get his power back.

Parts of the film made me laugh.  It had its moments of hilarity, but it also had its moments of immaturity.  Its possible I didn't get some of it because I'm not a guy.  Either way, if you're a fan of Sacha Baron Cohen and not easily offended (and trust me, this film will offend you on some level), check it out.  If you are easily offended, then I don't recommend this film at all.  It will almost certainly p*ss you off.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)