Super Dark by Tanith Morse‏


Tanith Morse grew up in Wandsworth, south London. From a young age she developed a great love of horror films and gothic romances. Her favorite director is Tim Burton and her favorite authors include Charlotte Bronte, Stephenie Meyer and Suzanne Collins. When she isn’t writing, Tanith enjoys directing short films for the festival circuit and looking after her cat, Mambo. An avid tea drinker, Tanith can be found hanging out in cozy London cafes in search of new brews to tease her taste buds. Super Dark is her first YA novel.

http://tanithmorse.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.facebook.com/TanithMorse.Author
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5279548.Tanith_Morse
https://twitter.com/TanithMorse

 For fans of Stephenie Meyer comes a chilling love story that will have you hooked from the very first page. Super Dark is a tale of passion, guilt and redemption with a whopping, knock-you-to-your-knees twist!

Darkness stalks seventeen-year-old Sam Harper. Ten years ago on Halloween night, grotesque creatures snatched her best friend Elliot and Sam narrowly escaped with her life. Now a decade on, the police investigation has ground to a halt and Elliot's whereabouts remains a mystery.

Traumatized by her ordeal, Sam finds it hard to make friends. She is mistrustful of authority and changed schools more times than she cares to remember. To her, the world is cruel and unforgiving.

Then she meets the enigmatic Lee Weaver. With his gorgeous face and magnetic presence, he turns heads wherever he goes. Sam has never wanted anyone as much as she wants Lee, but there are things about the alluring stranger that don't add up, leading Sam to ask unsettling questions about her past. Soon she discovers the boy of her dreams is keeping a terrible secret: one that threatens to destroy everything Sam holds dear.

Super Dark is a seductive love story that will keep you guessing right until the final page.

Q) What inspired you to write this story?

A few years ago I read a story in the newspaper about a girl who was abducted by a midwife and taken to live with a strange family. The girl grew up thinking she was the kidnapper’s daughter and it was a shock when she finally found out the truth. I was intrigued by the case and decided to base my story around it. I wanted to write about how a person would react in that sort of situation and explore the challenges faced by the birth parents. Although much of Super Dark is fantasy, the main storyline is based in reality.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
The first book took me about three months to write. When I get into a groove, the story literally writes itself, but then again, I do a lot of planning beforehand so it’s just a case of downloading what’s already in my head.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
I actually really enjoy the editing process. Every story I write goes through at least three drafts before I send it out to a professional editor and I love polishing the prose to give my readers the best experience possible. My edit involves simplifying sentence structure, deleting inappropriate word choices and reading the entire manuscript aloud to see what flows and what doesn’t. Some writers hate editing. Personally I love it because very few people get it right first time and I’m no exception.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
Writer’s block. During the third book I had a terrible time. For some reason, I found it really hard to get started. The main problem was coming up with new ideas to keep the story fresh. I didn’t want to bore my readers by rehashing the same stuff, so the plot was definitely a challenge. For a while, my mind just went blank and I couldn’t work out where the story was going. Then one day it came to me and the rest of the book literally wrote itself.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
David Cameron. I think it would be pretty cool to be Prime Minister and run Britain for the day to see what’s really going on behind the scenes.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
A tub of two month old hummus. It was supposed to be part of my new healthy eating plan but I kind of forgot about it. Oh well. There’s always next month to ditch the chocolate and start being good, lol!

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
I’m working on a book about a boy who can speak to dogs. It’s a dark thriller with romantic elements once again set in south London. I’m really excited about it.

Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)