Catwalk: Messiah by Nick Kelly‏


Nick grew up on sci-fi, horror flicks, Dungeons and Dragons, good music, and recycled comic books. He has been published internationally as a comic book author and musician. He’s spent over half his life on stage from New York to Las Vegas. He is outspoken, supportive, and willing to take a good kick to the ribs for the right cause. When not touring the world, Nick lives at home with his blushing bride (and co-author), Dr. Stacia Kelly, their son, and a rotating roster of cats and dogs.

www.nickkelly.com
www.facebook.com/NickKellyAuthor
twitter @Nick_Kelly
Amazon


Nitro City, 2033.

Leon "Catwalk" Caliber left his cop job in DC behind, heading to the City of Angels to earn a living off the grid. He took a few odd jobs that called for his particular skill set – extortion, espionage, and the occasional hit – and managed to carve out a niche for himself among the Downtown dwellers.

All the changed when a new breed of MetaHuman cyborg appeared on the streets with explosive violence. Cat’s quiet existence is sent into turmoil when he finds himself right in the crosshairs. He must evade the assassin squads sent by a vengeful pimp, uncover the origin of these mysterious new mechs, and keep the cops off of his tail. Simple enough, except that the cybernetic technology that powers his body threatens to sever his humanity at any moment. Can the killer with a conscience find a cure, solve the case, get the girl, and live to see another day?

Q) What inspired you to write this story? 
My leading man/protagonist/anti-hero has been around for over a decade. He actually made his first appearance in the “Independent Voices 3” comic book that launched on September 11, 2001. I spent a few years mulling over what to do with him, and then decided to explore the chance to expand the universe through writing. eBooks and self-publishing made introducing him back to the world a possibility, and here we are.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
Haha. Write? Only a few months. Edit? Don’t ask. I came from the comic book and music world. The writing world has a lot of rules I didn’t know, and the editing process will make someone humble quickly. I’m so thankful for a team of fellow authors, a great editor, a wonderful cover artist, and my blushing bride, Stacia D. Kelly, who guided me every step of the way.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing? 
In my 20+ years as a musician, I’ve had a chance to play all over the U.S. One of the best feelings in the world is sharing something original that you created and watching an audience truly enjoy it. I really like sharing this character and this world that was born in my head, and watching/listening to readers dig what they have read and heard, and how excited they are for more.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
I think most writers would answer with “promoting my book.” I’d say my answer is two-fold. First, I don’t know how anyone maintains creativity and still masters all the rules to writing. I fully expect to get nailed that I broke a few rules along the way. I recognize that, and I think my work is a little outside of the box. Second, I know my work is more science fiction than science. The folks who want a mathematical formula for how cybernetic limbs work, what makes off world colonies possible, and how some of these villains do what they do, they’ll have to be satisfied with suspending some disbelief. It applies in comics, and it applies in my stories, also.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
Well, I joke that my goal is to be the real world Rick Castle, but that doesn’t count since he’s a fictional character, right? I’d say either Robert Downey, Jr., who is the hottest Hollywood property walking, or Benedict Cumberbatch, just so I could get insight into the next season of the BBC’s “Sherlock.”

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
Haha. There’s a bottle of sunflower butter. My bride has a peanut allergy, and I have looked at alternatives. Soy nut butter is great. The sunflower stuff has probably been in there long enough to evolve and become a villain in one of my later books.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
Catwalk fans can expect book two, “Catwalk: Lineage” next summer. It expands the universe in completely different ways. (It was actually written before the first book.) This October, Stacia and I will release our first book together. It’s the first in the Samurai Sisters series. Her character is a 1,000 year old samurai who hunts demons. My counterpart is a DC homicide detective who needs to see everything in black and white, until he starts seeing demons, too. I have a zombie series of short stories I’m working on, also.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)