Heritage by S. M. Boyce‏


S.M. Boyce is a fantasy and paranormal fiction novelist who also dabbles in contemporary fiction and comedy. Her B.A. in Creative Writing also qualifies her to serve you french fries. She updates her blog (smboyce.com) a few times each week so that you have something to wake you up in the morning.

Website
Blog
Twitter
Facebook
Google+
Goodreads



Heritage is the third novel in the epic Grimoire Saga.

Kara Magari isn’t normal, even by Ourea’s standards—and in a world of shape-shifters and soul stealers, that’s saying something. To the royalty, she’s a loose cannon. To the masses, she’s a failure. But Kara’s arrival in Ourea started a war, and she’s going to end it.

An ancient isen named Stone takes an interest in Kara’s training, and it turns out he has more answers than he originally led her to believe. In an effort to unearth a secret that might end the bloodshed, Kara instead discovers an ugly truth about her family—and how much she has in common with an infamous mass-murderer.

Braeden Drakonin has slowly rebuilt his life after the betrayal that tore it apart. His father wants him dead, and frankly, his so-called allies wouldn’t mind that either. Private alliances are formed. Secrets are sold. Tension is driving the armies apart. A single battle will end this war, and it’s coming. Braeden may be a prince, but it will take more than that to survive. He must take the fight to his father’s door—and win.


Q) What inspired you to write this story? 
Life. Earth is such a beautiful place, and much of the world created in the Grimoire Saga is based on real locations. You can see more of what inspires me by checking out my pinterest boards, where I keep beautiful images, pictures of the people who inspire my characters, and images of crazy creatures that inspire the beings in my books.

Q) How long did it take you to write? 
I’ve been designing this series since 2006, but I wrote Lichgates in about six months in 2011. After about another 4 months of editing, it was ready for print. The rest of the books are equally complex, so each of these takes me about a year total. I’m hoping to get books out faster after this, but we’ll see. Quality is most important to me, even if it means books come out a little more slowly than I’d like.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing? 
Exploring the worlds with my characters. I love to create complex worlds that go deeper than the original story, which means a reader can stay there forever if they want to keep making up new back stories in the same universe.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing? 
Rewrites. Sometimes I get so deep into a story’s tweaks and changes that I get lost in the weeds. There’s nothing quite like editing. It can make every word you know sound absolutely weird and totally wrong.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
Probably Neil Gaiman. He’s one of my role models. I see the way he interacts with fans and manages his writing career, and that’s the level at which I want to be someday.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it? 
We just moved, so much of what’s in my fridge is new. I’d say the oldest thing is the pesto. My intentions to create a Caprice sandwich are good, but I’m bad with the follow-through.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
Lots and lots of books. I have dozens of novel ideas swimming about in my head, many of which will span multiple novels. I can’t wait to get started! I hope you join me. I have an amazing street team of wonderful readers who get free things every month, so make sure you join that by heading here. Or sign up for my newsletter for updates on new books. For the reviewers out there, you can also get free eBook review copies before anyone else! Sign up for my ARC readers list here.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)