A Late Summer Bloom by Cherrie Mack


Cherrie Mack grew up in Flushing Queens NY, the youngest child of six. The city’s diversity gave her a great appreciation for many different cultures and lifestyles. After love finally claimed the girl from the city and dragged her to the suburban madness of Long Island, she settled into a quiet life with her new husband. Two children and one mini-van later, the family found themselves moving towards the sunny skies of Florida where they currently reside. With her focus still very much on her family, Cherrie squeezes in time to write. The publication of her debut novel, Ache of Desire has given her the confidence to allow her to spend more time writing.

One year and four books later, Cherrie has continued to flourish. With multiple series in the works, there’s no slowing down for this up and coming author.

A member of Romance Writers of America, Cherrie is slowly spreading her wings as a romance author. Look for her books at all digital bookstores such as Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Bookstrand, ITunes, Nook and many more.

Blog
Website
Author facebook page
Twitter
Tumblr
Goodreads


A young witch, destined to be queen. A traveler destined to love her and an evil warlock desperate to claim her.

When Julien Beaumont meets Giselle Jareau, the naïve, young witch is nothing more than a nuisance. A mere inconvenience. But the inkblot on his arm disagrees. As their relationship develops, his tattoo begins to fill in. Could it be fate or something more sinister?

On an old, decrepit sugar plantation, in the heart of the Louisiana Bayou, the defender of the covens and the queen to the royals engage in a battle of wits. And as Giselle falls in love, Julien tries desperately to change the course of their destiny.



Q) What inspired you to write this story?
I was on a trip to New Orleans and the city stoked my love of the supernatural and planted the seed for a story regarding witches. But it was at Oak Alley plantation that the story came to life. Staying at a guest cottage on the grounds was fascinating. My family and I were the only guests at the time. I remember very clearly walking along the alley of oaks at twilight by myself. It was when the story of Julien and Giselle came alive. When I returned home, I wrote the book.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
This particular story was the second book I ever wrote but not the second I published. This had to be shelved until it could be rewritten.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
My favorite thing about writing—hands down, is my characters. I love them all. There’s no better job than to make up imaginary friends and hang out with them all day long.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
Writer’s block. When inspiration takes a powder it can sometimes take weeks for it to show up again. Can you say frustrating? Oh yeah! Waiting on a character to speak to you is torture. But when the voice finally comes, it’s like sweet relief.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
I would be the Dalia Lama. Seemingly peaceful, he is able to understand the universe in ways I cannot. To be able to acquire a deeper understanding of the universe is quite appealing.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
Hmm. Funny. I had to get up and check. Cream cheese. It even had a little mold on the end. I just cut it off and shoved it back in there. Wanna come over for a bagel?

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
That’s a great question and one I fear I cannot answer. I haven’t pin-pointed a specific genre yet but I’m confident I will go down the right path as time goes on. But I can say this, I will offer my readers a little piece of me every time they read one of my books. And as I continue down this road, I promise to try harder, write better and never let the fun and love of writing fall away from my work. I don’t write for the hell of it. I don’t write for my family or myself. I write for the person, who someday will pick up one of my stories and come away a little bit wiser, a little bit happier and a little bit more open to life’s possibilities.     

Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)