Berman's Wolves by Gretchen SB


Gretchen happily lives in Seattle, Washington where she spends her time creating new characters and situations to put them in. She also enjoys cheering on her local sports teams, even though it sometimes seems they are allergic to winning.

Gretchen has spent most of her life in Washington state. She graduated from Central Washington University with a BA in History and a BA in Philosophy. Though there was a brief stint after college where she lived in Florida and worked for the mouse (Disney World). She loves that Washington provides a large range of activities, from Shakespeare in the park to rodeos.

She has had a love of reading and telling stories as far back as she, or anyone else, can remember. Currently, she loves to read the same genres she writes. She also loves exploring her home state. At the end of her adventures she unwinds by curling up on the couch, knitting while catching up TV shows via Netflix.

http://www.gretchensb.com/
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7398184.Gretchen_S_B_
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gretchen-S-B/540293959350712
https://twitter.com/GretchenSB


When a scientist runs an experiment on three separate college campuses that goes horribly wrong, several hundred students find their lives altered forever. They must learn to adapt to their new lives as Werewolves. Immediately after the incident a government program was put in place to keep track of these unwitting subjects. After a year the program falls apart as those in charge argue on how to proceed. 

Without the programmers constantly looking over their shoulders the werewolves have now started to organize themselves. Creating their own hierarchy and alliances.

Jack is the Alpha of Pacific Northwest University's pack F. He thought the government had finally taken a step back and let him and the other Alphas run their packs. Recently, however, he has been hearing rumblings about the programmers wanting to reinstate the program. He thought they were just rumors until he finds out one of his pack is being threatened by several of the lab assistants that took part in the original experiment. Now Jack must scramble to find allies and hunt down those threatening his pack. The more he goes looking the bigger the plot becomes.


Q) What inspired you to write this story?
I dreamt about one of the scenes in the book (the first muli-pack meeting) and wrote it down as I woke up. The scene stuck with me so I kept adding on to it. Then it became a story in its own right.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
From start to finish Berman’s Wolves took nine months to write the full draft.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
I love being able to create a world. I get to set all the rules and guidelines. Everything is at my creative disposal. I love sitting down to a new idea and writing it down for the first time. I get such a rush from each new creation. Now if only I could get that excited when it comes to finishing I would be set.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
Having to read through and edit a story. I will find almost any excuse not to do it. It is kind of like a little kid, ‘oh what is that shiny thing over there…I should investigate.’ It is a bad habit but I always feel that once I finish writing the book is done, I know what happens and I shouldn’t have to touch it anymore. I know, totally absurd!

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
I do not think I would like being anyone else. I like being me, I know where all the trouble spots are. If I took over someone else’s life for a day I wouldn’t know any of the trouble spots…maybe I am over thinking this….

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
That would be some bottles of beer my boyfriend bought before we moved in. I think that makes it about nine months old. Maybe I should check the expiration date on those.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
My next book (I am looking at an August release) is about a homicide detective who catches a case that leads him to a paranormal community that he did not know existed. He struggles with this new knowledge and does not want to believe that the paranormal truly exists. But in order to catch the killing he needs to believe in the paranormal.

The book after that is the second book in me Night World Series, it will be Viking’s book.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)