Turning Home by Stephanie Nelson


This may be my least favorite part about writing a book. You guys may be surprised to learn that I am the most boring person you’ll ever meet. The most interesting thing about me is that I write books, most of the time in my pajamas and jacked up on caffeine.

I began writing six years ago for fun and published my first book in 2012. Since then, my hobby has become my job and I love every second of it. I live in Illinois, in the country where I’m surrounded by corn and soybean fields. When I manage to escape my office, I enjoy fishing, spending time with my family and playing Super Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong. Yes, I’m a huge video game nerd.

Website
Facebook
Twitter: @stephnel1


When Brooke Kingsley finally captures the interest of her four-year crush-Dylan Crawford-her world turns upside down. Feeling alive for the first time, Brooke decides to spend her last three days of summer with Dylan and discovers there's more to him than the rumors being whispered all over town. The problem is, Brooke's father doesn't want his daughter anywhere near the blue-collar bad boy.

As Brooke leaves for college, she'll realize that some boys aren't easy to forget.

Dylan Crawford has hated the Roseville Snobs his whole life, but one particular Snob has captured his eye-Brooke Kingsley. He knows he should stay away from her, but willpower has never been his strong suit. Soon Brooke is all he can think about. When she leaves for school, Dylan tries to move on with other girls, but the memory of Brooke taunts him. There's an undeniable pull to the very girl he's been warned to stay away from.

When tragedy strikes the Kingsley household, secrets are uncovered. Brooke and Dylan must decide if what they feel for each other is strong enough to conquer their families' dark past.


Book Trailer
Amazon BN

Q) What inspired you to write this story?
To be honest, I was listening to some country music and the story just popped into my head. I was so invested in Brooke and Dylan’s story that I wrote the first half of the book within two weeks.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
I wrote the first half in two weeks. Then I got busy doing other things and didn’t complete Turning Home for another four months.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
I love creating my own worlds and characters. The freedom of writing is one the main things that keeps me doing it. The only limitation is my own imagination.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
Releasing my work to the public is one of the scariest things about writing. I always hesitate to publish my books in fear that no one will like it. I think all authors share this fear because we invest so much time and heart into our works that it makes it difficult to share it with the entire world.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
Probably Lucille Ball because she was a comedic genius and a woman before her time.

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
Hmm….I think it’s blue cheese salad dressing. I bought it like a year ago and never used it, yet never threw it away for some reason. *doing that right now*

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
I am also the author of two paranormal romance series: The Gwen Sparks series and the Anna Avery series. I will be releasing the next Gwen book in July, Hexed, and then the next Anna Avery book, Ruling the Wolf late summer. Early winter, I’ll be releasing the next Brooke and Dylan book, Finding Home.

Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)