Glimpse of Darkness by Nicole Delacroix‏


Nicole Delacroix was born in Frankfurt Germany to a German mother and American Military father. Her parents instilled in her a deep love of the written word and a profound respect for literature in all forms. So it's little wonder that from the moment she could first write she knew that writing would always be a part of who she is. From short stories to dabbling in scriptwriting she passes her time with her day job as an IT professional but feverishly writes well into the night. Her passion for literature encompasses many different genres but her heart beats true with fantasy and science fiction. She's fiercely loyal to friends and family and is eagerly awaiting the day when she can move to London England, her childhood dream.

Web
FB
Twitter
Goodreads
Google+
Tumblr


Charlene (Charlie) Bennett is a simple waitress in the wilds of Hyder, Alaska whose father has just gone missing. Isolated and alone, her fathers' disappearance is nothing new to her, but this time things are a little different.

For starters, there is a handsome stranger, Daniel that has come to town and while Charlie has never taken more than a passing interest in strangers, she has an immediate and intense attraction to this one. Secondly, she's soon to find out that this stranger isn't what he appears. He's about to throw Charlie's entire world into a major upheaval.

Now Charlie has to decide if she believes this strangers' incredible story and follow Daniel or if she wants to stay in the only home she's ever known for an uncertain future and an absentee father. As she comes to terms with what Daniel shows her, she realizes that he's the only true thing in her life and leaves everything she knows behind to follow the handsome stranger.


Q) What inspired you to write this story?
I’ve always had a fascination with angels and the story of the Nephilim. I had been studying religious texts (for fun) and kept digging deeper into the legend. Before I knew it I was seven books deep and could name all the listed fallen angels. That’s when the story first began brewing.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
I spent about 7 months researching every detail that I felt was integral to my story, and I found that preparation helped in the writing process as I easily moved from one location to another and changed characters without having to stop and look at notes or look something up (Thank you Google!)

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
I love creating new and interesting characters and getting lost in their story. For the most part, my writing is more of the characters telling me their story so I can put it down on paper for everyone else to read. So when I start a story I write down everything I want to cover in the story from start to end and then move back in expanding the story.

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
I guess it would be the endless editing. I have such a hard time starting a story because I’ll write the first few paragraphs and spend endless days writing and rewriting the same thing to make it better. I’ve tried to be better about turning off my internal editor, but sometimes I find myself doing the same thing over and over again.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
What an amazing question… I would want to be Chris Helmsworth so I could hang out with Tom Hiddleston for the day, because let’s face it, Mr. Hiddleston is awesome!

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
I think there is a bottle of wine from 2012. I never developed a taste for wine, and I think a friend came over and put it in the door and I’ve just never discarded it. Of course, now I’m going to run home and throw it out immediately.

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
I’m actually working on several things. I make a point of writing my ideas down in the program I use for my actual writing, so I have all my ‘stories’ in various states of readiness. Currently I’m focused on book two for the series which I’ve entitled Blind Horizons, and when I get to writer’s pause (I hate calling it block) on that story, I have a ghost/horror story that I’ve been kicking around for a while; horror is not my genre for writing, but I find that writing outside of my comfort zone helps release writer’s pause. My pet project is a non-fiction book that focuses on bravery, tentatively titled How Brave Are You? I’ve finished that book and am currently shopping around literary agents.

Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)