Wicked Flower by Carlene Love Flores‏

Carlene Love Flores is a fan of the stars (especially Orion), music (especially Depeche Mode), and her traveling family (no favorites-she loves them all). These inspire her intimate romance stories.

If she could touch someone’s heart with writing the way others have for her, she’d say there never lived a luckier girl.

Website
Twitter
Facebook
Goodreads


Sin Pointe front man Stefan Calderon is playing a very dangerous game and his mom’s live-in caretaker, Dani Foster, just landed right smack in the middle of it.

Practically strangers when Stefan rolls into his small hometown looking to patch things up with Mom, his and Dani’s worlds collide with a hot and intense hook up. He knows right away this woman will make the perfect partner for his two weeks in town. But when she realizes whose son he is, and what he’s there to do, sexy times come to an abrupt halt.

That is until they come up with a solution. Rules. Every game needs them. The question isn’t if they’ll break them, but when and how hard.

It’s a wickedly delicious game, one neither of them intends to lose.


Sin Pointe Book Trailer Series

Available at Evernight / Amazon / All Romance eBooks / BookStrand

Q) What inspired you to write this story?
The Sin Pointe series as a whole was inspired by a very special experience I had back in 2006 when I got to hang out with the security manager for my favorite band, Depeche Mode, at one of their concerts. We took an entire day and night and got all the behind-the-scenes workings that go on at a live show. Meeting the band and the crew and finding out how down-to-earth everyone was made a lasting impression on me and the series was born. Wicked Flower, which is the fifth book in the series, is a fantasy I’ve had ever since I heard the Kings of Leon song, “Sex on Fire”. That grew into the question what would happen if you were getting gas and a rock star pulled into the pump beside you? I had a lot of fun with it plus I owed Stefan his own story for so long! He’s the lead singer and waited very patiently for me to get to him.

Q) How long did it take you to write?
I’d been messing around with ideas for Wicked Flower here and there when one night, I remember the first line of the story came out very clear. Sin Pointe’s drummer turns to Stefan, the lead singer, while they’re in the car and says, “Have you ever had a girl do down on you while you were driving?” Then my dear critique partner hosted an impromptu writing weekend at her home and the majority of it was written in those few days. All total, I’d say three or four months.

Q) What is your favorite thing about writing?
Getting lost in the fantasy of the story and going with everything I’m hearing the characters say without editing their dialogue. Sure, the editing comes later and I enjoy that too but I try to keep what they say pretty close to those intimate glimpses I get the first time I hear them. I also LOVE getting cover art. (wink)

Q) What is your least favorite thing about writing?
Sometimes I spend a lot of time with the characters and stories in my head without writing any of it down. It makes for a bit of a mental traffic jam when I do sit down to do the actual writing.

Q) If you could be any famous person for one day, who would you be and why?
I actually don’t know how people who are famous deal with being famous! I would much rather be the personal assistant than the rock star. That being said, if I could invade Sherrilyn Kenyon’s mind for even just a few hours I would love being that close to her Dark Hunter characters. Total, unrestricted access to Acheron, Valerius, Julian? Yes please!

Q) What is the oldest thing in your fridge and how old is it?
Best interview question ever! I knew EXACTLY what to say as soon as I read it. Now to be fair, we only just moved into our current home one and half months ago but this has been there for exactly that long. It’s a jar of “cueritos” my mom-in-law gave hubby the week we moved in. For anyone who doesn’t know, these are the raw chunks of pork skin floating in brine before they are fried and turned into the tasty, crunchy, flaky (really bad for you) snacks we know as pork rinds. Well, my hubby’s side of the family like to eat the cueritos while they’re still raw! About 25 years ago when we were barely dating, my future mother-in-law served them for a dinner at her home. I think I maybe got one bite down. I’m always game for trying new things. It was the first and last time for those puppies though. And that’s saying something because she makes a beef tongue taco that I’m very fond of. Now I want to know what everyone else’s answer to this question is. Please share if you’re reading!

Q) What can readers expect from you in the future?
Thank you for asking. For now, I’m going to take a break from my Sin Pointe rockers and work on a Christmas story about a warrior race of wish-granting reindeer. Then I’ll put my contemporary romance hat back on and finish up a story I started a few years ago about a wounded warrior whose documentary film directing brother is jeopardizing his chances with a new love interest.

Thanks so much for the wonderful questions and hosting me today! Have a great one. 

Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)