Influential Movies

The other night, while my husband and I were surfing the channels looking for something to watch, we came across the Sony Movie Channel, and it happened to be playing Krull.  I really like this movie, despite it's faults, and I used to watch it when I was a kid.



After that particular film was Yor, The Hunter from the Future, and that made me laugh out loud.   I recently bought the DVD from Amazon, and my boys and I watched it on one of our vacation days.  It was not good.  It's pretty freaking terrible, but it's another movie I watched as a child.  (I picked this particular clip so you could experience the bitchin' title track.)


I've been nostalgic lately.  Over the weekend, my sister and her kids came over so we could watch Ewoks: The Battle for Endor.  Man oh man, talk about a terrible film.  If you want, you can watch the entire movie on YouTube.  The whole time, all my sister and I could wonder was what was up with Wicket's eyes?  They didn't blink, and although they were supposed to give him a teddy bear look, they were kind of creepy.  But, again, this is a movie I watched as a kid.

I don't know why I have such a drive at the moment to revisit childhood movies.  Perhaps it's because I actually have some time on my hands to do so.  Whatever it is, it's been a lot of fun.  I'd forgotten about a lot of these films, and a lot of them should have remained forgotten.  But at the same time, they have reminded me why I fell in love with sci fi, fantasy, and horror in the first place.  And it's rekindled my creative desire.

As far back as I can remember, I've always watched these kind of films.  My dad would record them off TV and put them onto VHS for our viewing pleasure.  We also watched B horror movies on TNT and Monstervision.  I absolutely loved it!  To this day, I still enjoy a good creature feature and cheesy science fiction.  They made me what I am.
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)