The Joys of Conferences

I love conferences. There’s something so magical about hanging out with a bunch of like-minded people and having conversations about our passions and obsessions. It’s so amazing to have some time to just geek out.

While it’s possible to talk about my passions and obsessions with my friends, family, and coworkers, it’s different doing it at a conference. There’s a different energy and feel about it. And I’m not kidding when I say we “geek out.” I’m fairly certain that people who overhear our conversations in public think we are so weird. And I’m totally fine with that!

Last Friday and Saturday, I was asked to present at the Casper College Literary Conference. I did my Women and Slasher Film presentation, and it was so much fun!

I was really nervous when I first started. I got there 10 minutes before my presentation was supposed to start (poor planning on my driving part), and being late is a source of anxiety for me, so I was aaaaaaaaah! before I even started. I sped through my presentation a bit because I had so much nervous energy, but by the end I had calmed down somewhat and was feeling a touch more confident.

I had a good crowd. One of the English teachers at the community college had offered her students extra credit to attend, so there were quite a few students there. There were also adults (friends of mine came to see me; hi, Kara! Hi, Sarah! Thanks for coming!), along with the other presenters for the conference. All in all, I think it went really well.

The rest of the conference was just as amazing. I attended several other panels and a workshop to make a wreath out of about-to-be-recycled books. I am not a crafty person, but I still had a good time, and I don’t think it turned out horrible. 

 
I met some new, amazing people, and I’m looking forward to conversing with them further. Conferences are great for networking, and that’s part of the reason I really enjoy going—along with finding inspiration.

After this conference, I’m really looking forward to the others I have coming up. I’m excited to meet more amazing people and for the inspiration to continue. It’s going to be fun!
Pembroke Sinclair's books on Goodreads
Life After the Undead Life After the Undead
reviews: 55
ratings: 100 (avg rating 3.64)

The Appeal of Evil The Appeal of Evil (The Road to Salvation, #1)
reviews: 38
ratings: 63 (avg rating 3.54)

Wucaii Wucaii
reviews: 32
ratings: 35 (avg rating 4.11)

Death to the Undead Death to the Undead (Sequel to Life After the Undead)
reviews: 20
ratings: 39 (avg rating 4.23)

Dealing with Devils Dealing with Devils (The Road to Salvation, #2)
reviews: 22
ratings: 32 (avg rating 4.00)